We are currently open.
On phoning the surgery, outside of standard opening hours you will be diverted to the Out Of Hours service.
The Practice will be offering Extended Hours with access to evening and weekend appointments each week:
- Tuesday: 19:30; 19:45 and 20:00 (patients will be seen at Mill Street Medical Centre, 2 Mill Street, WA10 2BD)
- Saturday: 13.15 and 13.30 (patients will be seen at Spinney Medical Centre, Whittle Street, Thatto Heath, WA10 3EB)
Please note that you will not be seen by a GP who works at Cornerstone Surgery, but the clinician will have access to your full medical record. The days and times may be subject to change at Christmas, Easter and other Bank Holidays, please contact the Practice for further information.
GP Extended Access
The GP Extended Access service is commissioned by NHS St. Helens CCG and provided by a company called UC24. The service provides pre-booked, non-urgent appointments with a GP or Advanced Nurse Practitioner, during evenings and weekends
Appointments can be booked by the Practice following a triage call with the GP. Patients cannot book appointments directly with the service.
This service is different to the Out Of Hours service which is for urgent medical problems only.
Key points to consider:
- The service is not provided by the Practice – You will not be seen by a GP who works at Cornerstone Surgery
- The service will have access to your FULL medical record – If you do not want to them to access your record, you will not be able to use this service
- If you have previously opted-out of record sharing e.g. for NHS Summary Care Record (SCR), your data will not be shared, and you will not be able to use this service
For more information about about this service, please visit our GP Extended Access page.